Justin Williams lays out everything Apple needs to introduce at WWDC to appease the Internet. Can’t say I disagree with any of them though here’s some of my favorites:
- An update to iMessage that allows people to leave group chats.
- Multiple people on FaceTime calls.
- The ability to download Mac apps from your iPhone or iPad and have them show up on your Mac when you get home.
- The ability to read your iBooks on your Mac.
And of course the #1 item …
- A completely refreshed design language for iOS 7 that sheds the Forstall and oozes Ive.
Given how far iOS 7 must have been in the design phase before Forstall was ousted I do wonder how significantly different it will be from iOS 6. Apple doesn’t usually do massive changes in one fell swoop.
If there is one notable omission from this list is that Siri should be seriously overhauled. Google’s voice recognition runs circles around Siri and that’s simply inexcusable.